Rainbow Wharf is uniquely tied to the origins of our Community. Originally named Queenstown, we were re-named to Port Clements in 1914 after Herb Clements, a local member of Parliament. In exchange for using this name, the community was given a new government wharf which is presently known as Rainbow Wharf.
As such, Rainbow Wharf made the difference in the development and settlement of Port Clements and has been a part of the community since our very beginning. Without it Port Clements would neither be a Port nor a Clements.
Originally owned by the Federal Government, the Wharf was divested to the Province. The Village holds a lease with the Province for use of the Wharf.
The Wharf is open to the public to walk on, though it is currently closed to vehicle traffic and vessel moorage.