The Village of Port Clements is seeking proposals from qualified professional contractors to level and cap the Public Works Yard located at 24 Park Street with gravel crush. This is the first of three tenders issued for the Public Works Yard Improvement Project: 1) Level and Cap Yard with Gravel Crush; 2) Install Fencing; and 3) Construct Sand and Salt Shed.
Interested proponents must attend a mandatory site meeting with the Public Works Superintendent prior to submitting a proposal. Site visit appointments can be scheduled for Monday, April 19th, 2021 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Pacific Time by phoning the Village Office (250-557-4295). Alternative dates/times for the site visit can also be arranged, but it is dependent on Public Works availability and cannot be guaranteed. Site visits must be scheduled to occur prior to the closing date.
COVID-19 Safety: Masks, personal hygiene and physical distancing practices must be maintained during site meeting and construction.
Scope of Work – Level and Cap Yard with Gravel Crush:
- Per the site map above, scrape and remove organic materials – approximately 8,100 square feet – and move materials to be stored on a Village property less than 1 km away;
- 2” layer of sub-base anticipated. If different sub-base recommended, contractor will discuss with Public Works Superintendent prior to proceeding;
- 100 cubic yards of 3/4 minus crush to be delivered and spread evenly with mild compaction.
Proposals should include a breakdown of the following:
- Flat fee for scope of work;
- Fee per hour or per materials load that will be charged if scope of work increased/changed (i.e. sub-base recommended is different from that quoted);
- PST/GST calculated separately if applicable
The Contractor is required to provide at least two references. All bids will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Price (50%)
- Experience (i.e. references) (30%)
- Quality of Past Work (10%)
- Location (10%)
Submission of tenders for the Public Works Yard Level and Crush Improvements contract should be sent to Elizabeth Cumming, A/Chief Administrative Officer by fax: (250) 557 -4568, Mail: PO Box 198, Port Clements BC V0T 1R0, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped of in person at 36 Cedar Avenue West, Port Clements BC.
Bids will be accepted until 3:00 pm on April 26th, 2021. Late bids will not be accepted. Public opening of tenders will be carried out at the Special Council Meeting held at 10:00 AM in Council Chambers on April 27th, 2021 and awarding of the contact will be approved by Council at the May 3, 2021 Regular Council meeting.